Wednesday, February 8, 2012

1,001 (And More) Video Games I Want to Play Before I Die

Hi, I'm Jeff.  I am a lifelong gamer, and had recently discovered a book called "1,001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die".  I was very impressed that such a book had been written and published; each game is given a brief write-up and often includes a picture.  Needless to say, the book is pretty large, and is one in a series (along with 1,001 Albums, 1,001 Songs, and so on).

While many such lists have been created online, the fact that one came out in book form made quite an impression on me.  It is very professionally done, with many of the games being iconic, if not timeless classics.  And I am a devoted gamer, I try to play as many games as I can, regardless of what time or system they were developed for.  But I realized, upon glancing through the pages of this book, that I had been spending too much time on the newer systems, and had been missing out on revisiting these classics that I haven't played for some time, or the games that I had gotten around to.  There are many in the book that I had played, but also many that I had not.

I hope to play each game, in depth, in order that is listed in the book.  But not only that.  I also want to try some of a particular game's variants, sequels or remakes.  I know that it's ridculously thorough, but I've always been that kind of person.  It also brings me a great deal of enjoyment, to stumble onto something that very few people have tried.

I will post on each game frequently, along with my experiences with each game, and its variants and/or sequels or remakes, provided that there are any.

No comments:

Post a Comment